[linux-dvb] Re: Linux DVB API 4 Q's

Hi Again,

> I'm just reading
> http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2003/03-2003/msg00116.html

> I'm currently inclined to drop enum dvb_dmx_source_type and just
> use the frontend file descriptor in DVB_DMX_SET_SOURCE.

> For stream playback or external inputs we could add other
> input devices. I.e. we would never write data to the demux
> device, only to connected "playback" devices.

I have given this a little more thought.  It would be good if we could keep
the SET ioctl functionality the same as for the audio and video devices.
If this was the case, then we would keep the dvb_dmx_source_type field to
specify whether we are receiving data from memory (via write) or from a
front-end device denoted by its fd.  I would prefer to keep the ability to
write to the demux device's fd (the one that was first opened in RW mode),
as this keeps things simple and is also consistent with the audio/video
device APIs.

Rob : )