[linux-dvb] Re: IP multicast package loss with current CVS driver

Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> did you modified the CRC check so that you will only check packets with
> section syntax indicator=1? Doing so in general would be a bad idea i
> think, I would rather add a new DMX_CHECK_CRC_SSI suggest this semantic:
>
>  DMX_CHECK_CRC     not set - always pass packets
>  DMX_CHECK_CRC     bit set - check always
>  DMX_CHECK_CRC_SSI bit set - check if section syntax indicator is '1'
>
> This would allow CRC checking also for TOT sections and for proprietary
> section formats like firmware upgrades etc. What do you think?

I like it like it is now, where the driver behaves the same with
hw_sections=1 and hw_sections=0. As it seems to me that hw_sections=1
works better with MPE (can someone confirm this?), we should make this
the default again. Why did hw_sections=0 get to be the default now?

(Some other hardware does it the same way as the av7110, IMHO this
is not uncommon. I'm not sure what the designers of the TOT were
thinking.)

But I'm considering your proposal for the V4 API.

Johannes