[linux-dvb] Re: mods to bt878.c

Jamie Honan <jhonan@optusnet.com.au> writes:

> > Yup.  Anyone had a look at the new bttv9 snapshots and the new gpio
> > interface btw?  No response so far to the announcement ...
>
> I did Gerd, and I replied, but your ISP is blocking optus email
> as they've fallen foul of the RBL.

DUL I guess.  Just use your ISP's smarthost instead of attempting to
deliver directly should fix that.  Or try kraxel@debian.org instead.

> If the logic could somehow be merged with the case in dvb_bt8xx_init in
> dvb-bt8xx then there wouldn't be two places.

Right now I just have entries in a struct pci_device_id[] array ...

> I had a quick look. A using module would still have
> to call bttv_gpio_write etc, but the method of determining
> 'ownership', or first param, would change ....

Yes.

> The name you've given, bttv-sub, this would have to be registered
> somewhere? It's like a unique number id or such...

It shows up in /sys/bus with that name.  I don't expect name clashes,
and there is no central registry as far I know.

> I looked again for 'tied registers' between function 1 and
> function 0 for the connexant. There was only one : dev control, the
> register handling ETBF and other trition etc. funnies. Setting
> this in one register also sets in the 'other controller'.

That is the PCI config space (PCI latency is in there too, if you load
bttv with "latency=..." that change likely is visible for the .1
function too).

> bttv0: subsystem: 11bd:0026 (UNKNOWN)
> >Pinnacle PCTV SAT CI.

Added.  I also created a new card entry for the DST + clones (0x71),
so you don't have to (mis-)use the Nebula entry.

  Gerd

--
You have a new virus in /var/mail/kraxel