[linux-dvb] Re: Progress on Skystar2 rev2.6B

Wolfgang Thiel wrote:
Hi,

valid streams to the demux callbacks. When you are not sure whether your stream is correct, print some hexdumps in the interrupt handlers, there you should see at least the 0x47 sync bytes in 188- or 204-byte strides.

I did some dprintk in the DMA routine: packet length is 188.
But: there are bit errors in the data.
Below is a comparison: first comes what is found in the routine,
the line below shows the 'real' data (taken with a non-budget card).

Any ideas what to try next?

Wolfgang

 kernel:  47 40 00 16 00
 kernel:  80 b0 bd 00 87 f9 00 00 00 09 a2 00 00 18 a2 00
00000000: 00 b0 bd 00 07 f9 00 00 00 0d e2 00 00 18 e2 00
I'm not sure if I understood what you where trying: Are you saying that you get the same data rate from the skystar as from the reference device? I'm just wondering because I seem to get a very low data output from the skystar, sometimes it takes several minutes to assemble 500k of output. Also there seem to be large gaps in the continuity counters of packets belonging to the same PID (>5). Is this the expected behaviour?

@Wolfgang: At a blind guess I re-enabled the flexcop_diseqc control but always returning -ENOTSUPP, so that the flexcop tries to tune its way but also the frontend does. This results in a faster lock on some channels, maybe it's worth a try.

The bit errors might be corrections made by the stv or the flexparser, though they seem rather frequent.

Niklas