[linux-dvb] Re: avermedia dvb-t, mplayer, signal quality, remote control

rob@phoenix.merseine.nu wrote:

> I was having a problem because it seems the scan application I got out of
> CVS works differently to the documentation and instead of using settings
> in initial.h now loads settings from seperate config files in the
> dvb-t/s/c directories.

I got the hint and updated the README.

> I copied one of the other files, uk-CrystalPalace, and substituted the
> frequency which I calculated for the BlackHill transmitter:
> (41 * 8) + 306 * 1000 + 167
>
> I have:
> T 634167000 8MHz 2/3 NONE QAM64 2k 1/32 NONE
>
> I don know what the other numbers mean, I tried to find some correlation
> to the transmitter data I have, but it didnt seem to make much sense ;)

Modern DVB-T frontends should be able to work with most parameters
set to AUTO. Anyway, the scan output should give you accurate data.

If you're confident that the above is correct I will add it to CVS.

Johannes