[linux-dvb] Re: Reception performance with Avermedia DVB-T

Martin Stubbs wrote:
Hi,

I have my Avermedia DVB-T card working successfuly with Mythtv but I am finding that the reception performance is poor when I compare it to the performance under Windows.
When I use tzap I get the FE_HAS_LOCK message maybe 50% of the time on the best Mux. Scan will only identify the channels on the worst Mux occassionally. This compares with using the card under windows where only occasional artifacts appear on the worst channels.

Are there changes I could make to the settings in the sp887x driver that would be worth trying or do I need to capture the i2c bus messages to see how the frontend is being configured?
We have similiar problems with the MT7072 frontend on the fx2 USB board. Either the driver is not yet optimal or the frontend has some serious problems -- can you please try the Windows driver and report whether this is working better? If so we should maybe exchange the firmware or try to find out what the Avermedia people are doing differently in their driver. I have to admit that the sp887x driver is kind of a quick'n'dirty hack, this one can get probably much better if someone has some time to spend on the task improving this driver...

Holger