[linux-dvb] Re: [Fwd: Re: Re: dvb-kernel bugs]

Nico wrote:

Hi,
I don't have a ss2, so mine is only curiosity.
Why is there that strange limitation of 6 initial filters in the code?
Isn't it better to remove it and call OpenWholeBandwidth in any case when the filter is set to 0x2000 ?
I don't know, maybe this was simply forgotten when implementing the driver. The original author should know.

Maybe the flexcop doesn't open the bandwidth if it doesn't reach that filtering limit?
I would say no. The code looks like you could call OpenWholeBandwidth anytime you like.

Or maybe this operation may break the card? (very unlikely since it's only a filtering operation, but I read horror
stories of easily broken tuners with ss2 rev 2.3, so the card doesn't seem to be very resistent).
Never heard of that, and the broken tuners of the 2.3 series should have been due to overheating I think. Any links?

Niklas