[linux-dvb] Re: FF cards alter PTS'?

> >> ffmpeg contains a deinterlacer of pretty good quality. Give it a
> >> try.
> >>

> > well, i doubt it can realy handle all mpeg2 wich may come from the
> > sky,
>
> Please try it before ranting and distributing lies and underdone
> ideas. End even when it has problems then they are probably easy to
> fix - do you remember how long it took to get our firmware and drivers
> in a usable state? Why have you been there so patient but are not
> willing to give an alternative solution the same chance?

just for the records:
holger, your usage of the word "lie" comes
just too easy for me recently ;-(

for the thread:
if i understand you correctly you want to get
rid of the FF-cards - and cause i followed the
development and connected problems esp.
with the firmware all the years i can
understand that.

but to declare the problem building a quiet
dvb-stb with good picture using common
components solved is just a quick shoot imho.

tv-out:
the only tv-outs that came close to the FF´s
were epia´s (self-tested - useable but not
good like the FF´s) and dxr3 (as in use by a
couple of ppl - but u can find no distributor
beside ebay).
neither nvidia´s nor ati´s tv-outs on recent
products have that quality (self-tested).
matrox is reported good - but either expensive
or outdated too.
sure one could buy a nice projector - but im
afraid this is no real option for some poor
suckers like me out there ;-)

quiet:
ive got that shiny epia board for about 4
months. sure there is ongoing development,
but till today you (at least i) couldnt build a
stable stb with it and my budget.
you could point out that any p4 could decode
mpeg in software - but thats never quiet nor
cheap and leads directly to the tv-out problem.

for ppl like me - who are not kernel/driver
devs its nice to have a competent guy like you
sayin that these little problems are solved
anyway - but until i could compile this and that
and get two days later a stable, quiet stb with
nice picture that statement is completely
theoretical.

sure i would like a fancy osd, cheap cards for
all that friends out there who would like a vdr
too and more stability without that nasty
firmware problems ...

so for now i stay with my ff and the epia. and
btw. i forgot about the CAM-thingie ... *G*

wbr.tja...

ps: hmm. i checked - no lie in my reply ...

--
thomas jagoditsch
mail t.ja@gmx.at