[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T: help with polling/tuning and compiling libdvb

monty_dvb@bc.cx wrote:

Hello,

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Nico wrote:

You don't need dvbtune, only dvbstream
./dvbstream -f 657833 .... -o 6210 | ts2es 6210 | mpg123 -

Change ... with the other tuning parameters, if needed: inversion, bandwidth, modulation, coderate,
guard interval and hyerarchy; all of them have default values, but not always they are
correct for every transmitter.

Thanks for the tip on tuning in the frequency with dvbstream. That skips
a step that I was taking!

When using dvbstream (V 0.4Pre3) (like dvbtune), I can not seam to have
success tuning into the transponder on the first try. That is to say when
I execute:

dvbstream -f 633833 -o 201 202

I get the following error after 10 seconds:

Using DVB card "Philips TDA10045H"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 657833000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_TIMEDOUT
Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency

However, if I execute dvbstream twice in a row like:

dvbstream -f 633833 -o 201 202 ; dvbstream -f 633833 -o 201 202

I get the following:

Using DVB card "Philips TDA10045H"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 657833000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Bit error rate: 3600
Signal strength: 52942
SNR: 65278
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Wed Nov 26 15:25:23 GMT 2003

Is there something I can do to make this work properly on the first
execution?

Also, is there a way to reduce the 10 seconds of delay? That is a long
time between changing channels!

I don't know, maybe some -T user can help you.
What driver are you using? Try the other :)

I also can not get libdvb-0.5.2 to compile. When I run the make -s I get
the following error:

DVB.cc: In method `int DVB::SetFullFilter(short unsigned int = NOPID)':
DVB.cc:1591: `DMX_FULL_TS_PID' undeclared (first use this function)
DVB.cc:1591: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
DVB.cc:1591: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [DVB.o] Error 1
make: *** [libdvb/libdvb.a] Error 2

Does anyone know how I can fix this and make it compile?

insert
#define DMX_FULL_TS_PID 0x2000
at the top of DVB.cc

Also, I am trying to use the "ts2es" mpeg-utility in there to assist with
piping a TS output stream to mpg123, and can not see "ts2es" anywhere in
the libdvb-0.5.2 files. Has the "ts2es" utility been renamed?

thanks for the help,
Monty

it's a symlink to dvb-mpegtools when it's successfully compiled