[linux-dvb] Re: section demux rewritten

>  > So average_network_user wouldn't have to care which PID is there,
>  > and as he szap's also restart network apps to change the dvb0_0
>  > for dvb0_1, but instead just register dvbnet -p 8192 and have one
>  > and only dvb0_0 for all network purposes
>

> So, there could be use for multi-PID section filters after all!

I'm wishing to have multi-PID section filter for a long time

>  > I wonder between 3 things:
>  > 1) do I have phantom DMA issues
>  > 2) did we need to implement some new specification standard
>  > 3) are they in the TS simply wasting the bandwidth for
>  >   PID 8192 bandwidth > 0.5 full TS bandwidth
>
> Hmm, we should do some tests with parallel recording of the same stream
> on two different hardwares (e.g. SAA7146 and Fusion878 or SAA7134)
> to rule out or find DMA problems.

I think I don't have DMA problems, and (after my version 1.4 demux rewrite,
patch posted in different thread), I found out the source of extra bytes:
they are nothing, just series of 0xff probably padding to end of each TS

Only sometimes (every half an hour) I get continuity counter faults,
a missing TS packet resulting in typically losing one or two section packets.
My version 1.4 of the demux logs such events.

Emard