[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC] Limitations of current filtering

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:27:31 +0100
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> I don't know whether I fully understand what this is about, but I just
> saw that DMX_OUT_TS_TAP is used in VDR, and VDR is well able to record
> the same channel into several files (like in case of overlapping
> timers on the same channel). It just reads the TS once and distributes
> it to the various cReceivers.

I don't know VDR well, so I could say something wrong.

This is not about sending some pids (for example video, audio and teletext)
to both application A and application B; maybe this currently works with dvr
(hmm, I just tested and it doesn't work for me).

This is about starting the recording of one channel (with video, audio
and teletext).
After some time, starting the recording of another channel on the same
frequency (different video, audio and teletext).

Two different applications, not a single one which can demultiplex
the six pids in user space.

For example, in shell 1, I set the tuner
  szap mytransponder
in shell 2 I record one channel
  tsrecord -vpid 100 -apid 101 -tpid 102 >channel1.ts
and finally in shell 3 another one
  tsrecord -vpid 200 -apid 201 -tpid 202 >channel2.ts

This can not be done at the moment. The only solution is
  szap mytransponder
and record both of them demultiplexing in user space
  tsdemultiplexandrecord -vpid 100 -apid 101 -tpid 102 -f channel1.ts -vpid
  200 -apid 201 -tpid 202 -f channel2.ts

(note, only szap is an existing program).

   Roberto Ragusa    r.ragusa at libero.it