[linux-dvb] Re: ANN: dvbtextsubs v0.1 released

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 05:55:16PM +0000, Dave Chapman wrote:

tarass@club-internet.fr wrote:

Le 01/01/2004 12:31 PM, Dave Chapman a joliment écrit :

It currently only works with "Transport Stream" recordings - for example, those made with dvbstream. If you record DVB teletext in a different file format (how does VDR handle this?), and would like support added to dvbtextsubs, then please let me know - it should be trivial.

It will be great to have a VDR file that contains video, audio and the subtitles in a way that mencoder can deal with.
Do you able and have time to do this work ?

The best solution for this is to add the functionality of "dvbtextsubs" into mplayer/mencoder - i.e. add support to mplayer/mencoder for decoding and displaying DVB teletext subtitles.

This shouldn't be difficult for someone familiar with the internals of mplayer (which isn't me). But I'm happy to help anyone who wants to attempt that - or accept guidance from someone familiar with mplayer.

I think Nico has been working with subtitles in mplayer..It would be really
nice to get dvb subtitle support to mplayer :)

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen
^
. .
Linux
/ - \
Choice.of.the
.Next.Generation.

why do you and Nicolas point the finger at me? :)
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I've been so busy with my work
that I only had time to read the specs of SPU subs, but I haven't written any code yet.
Besides, Dave's work regards teletext subs, that are very different.

Nico