[linux-dvb] Re: latest mythtv CVS & DEC 2000-t: kernel panic

Stefan Weidt wrote:
Hello

Have you tried using the MythTV-0.13-r1 gentoo ebuild?
That would be older code than CVS, right?

I've had CVS MythTV working very well with DVB until some point over the weekend, when I did a cvs update to get the latest code - that's when the kernel panics started. The box is still under construction, so I'm not panicking over it, but something's obviously changed in mythbackend to cause a breakage...

As for getting DVB data into MythTV, it's a real pain at the moment, but the new Myth code appears to have some DVB inputting capabilities which helps a bit (unfortunately it also panics my PC!). I'm also playing around with some data import scripts to read some DVB data from channels.conf, but that's not done yet...

Basically, you need to populate the dvb_channel and dvb_pids tables in the mythconverg database with the necessary DVB tuning data. If you want more info, let me know - hopefully I'll have a useful DVB import script soon.

--
Des Herriott
des.herriott@oracle.com