[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle PCTV sat CI frontend

Koef wrote:
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 11:39:18AM +0100, Fabio Papa wrote:

I own a Pinnacle PCTV sat CI. I'm unable to use it in my linux box because the frontend (cx24110) isn't recognizing the hardware during loading. Can you confirm this is the right one? I ask because another frontend seems to recognize something, but doesn't work either. That one is dst.

Yes you want the dst driver. Here's what I use:

modprobe videodev
modprobe bttv card=0x68 i2c_hw=1
modprobe dvb-core dvbdev_debug=1 dvb_frontend_debug=1
modprobe v4l1-compat debug=1
modprobe dst dst_verbose=1 dst_debug=1
modprobe dvb-bt8xx debug=1

Haven't tried CI or disecq, though.

disecq works, CI does not although very slow progress is being made in that direction.

On another note, sometimes my PC refuses to pick up the dst card. I have traced it to a problem with the GPIO port through the BTTV driver. After much gnashing of teeth I have discovered that very occasionally the card refuses to flip the reset8820 pin on the bt878! I have sprinkled all sorts of printks in the code, and all the other pins do what they are supposed to, but no matter what I send to the card it will not turn that pin on! A power cycle solves the problem. ARGH!!!

I have even modified the driver so all it does is writes a 1 to all the GPIO pins and then reads the state of the pins back. All the lower pins except that one do the right thing but it just won't play ball!

Brad