[linux-dvb] DVB-CA slot types

ca.h defines the following types of CA slot device. I'm not sure what they're
meant to be:

CA_CI
A "higher layer" interface. I don't know what this would correspond to...
maybe the EN50221 transport layer?

CA_CI_LINK
This sounds like it would correspond to the EN50221 link layer... i.e. the
data would consist of multiple interleaved fragmented packets.

CA_CI_PHYS
This sounds like it would be for hitting the EN50221 hardware directly (i.e.
twiddling the bits on the EN50021 physical interface).

CA_SC
Simple smartcard reader.

The linuxtv tree (not the metzler tree) also defines:
CA_DESCR
Which is a built in descrambler.

I can't have this quite right; the AV7110 CA driver in the metzler tree says
it is a CA_CI_LINK, yet it takes transport layer EN50221 packets.... from my
thinking (which is likely wrong) this should really have another type
CA_CI_TRANSPORT.

Can someone clear my confusion up please?

Also, in ca_caps, what are descr_num and descr_type meant to be? Are they only
meant to be set for certain types of interface, because there's certainly
nothing they correspond to at the level I'm looking at.