[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula DigiTV and nxt6000 problems

I performed the excersice of using tzap to tune between a non existant
frequency and a known station about 20 times in succession. There were
no lockups but I have to go with Florian's call on this one and say we
do nothing on the FE_RESET

The FE_READ_SNR ioctl reinstated, altered to suit the changed function
calls and replaced the register numbers with their definitions out of
nxt6000.h. The registers do no look correct. My guess is it should be
one of the SNR_? registers.

        case FE_READ_SNR:
                {
                        s16 *snr = (s16 *) arg;
                        *snr = nxt6000_readreg(fe, RS_COR_SYNC_PARAM) <<
8;
                        *snr |= nxt6000_readreg(fe, BER_CTRL);
                        break;
                }

Same with the FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH ioctl. There is no definition for
register 0x16 in nxt6000.h. Are we accessing the correct register here?

        case FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH:
                {
                        s16 *signal = (s16 *) arg;
                        *signal = (((signed char)nxt6000_readreg(fe,
0x16)) + 128) << 8;
                        return 0;

                }

Any idea on what registers will give us the FE_READ_BER and
FE_READ_UNCORRECTED_BLOCKS values just to complete the driver?

Robert