[linux-dvb] Re: AverMedia poor performance

Richard wrote:
Hi,

I have an Avermedia DVB-T card and I’m experiencing poor quality under windows. It consistently pauses the video and audio and gives the occasional blocky picture. I’d will get this working under gentoo, but if it is going to be this bad then I’d rather use another card. I’m located in the centre of London so signal strength should be good. For analog it is exceptional.
Several avermedia cards have been reported to have a broken frontend, Microtune had serious quality problems in the past. Maybe you want to ask the shop where you bought it for a replacement card.

Holger