[linux-dvb] Subtitle synchronisation when converting to DVD

Hi,

I'm working on programs to extract teletext subtitles and DVB subtitles from transport streams (and VDR streams) in order to convert them to DVDs.

This is basically working (see http://www.linuxstb.org/dvbtextsubs/ for the teletext subtitles version), but I have a problem with synchronisation which I hope someone on this list can help me with.

I am able to extract the PTS timestamps that indicate when each subtitle should be displayed, but my question concerns what is the "first PTS" for a stream.

For example, the PTS of the first video packet may be NNNN.600 ms, the audio PTS may be NNNN.100ms and the first subtitle PTS may be NNNN.800ms.

For each extracted subtitle, I need (for spumux) to store PTS as an offset from the start of the stream. In the above example, I have the obvious possibilities - subtract NNNN.200ms (to align with the video stream) or NNNN.700ms (for the audio stream).

I suppose the answer depends on the particular demultiplexer and multiplexer I use to create my VOB files - i.e. what PTS they take to be the start of the stream.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Dave.