[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend experimental patch v1

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 00:08, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > i have tested this last week, only one clr_bit is needed after tuning. So,
> > if you "FE_RESET" after tuning in the core frontend stuff with FE_POLL (if
> > i have understand this correct), there is no need for doing this after
> > setting the symbolrate.
> >
> > Or, possilbe the better way, we donīt do a "RESET" in the core stuff for
> > the ves1x93 and let the clr_bit stay as is in the symbolrate routine. This
> > is maybe better, because the tuxbox project share the ves1x93 driver with
> > "us"; the dbox2 uses the same demod. So the frontend driver have a chance
> > to differ between ves1893 who need the "reset" and the ves1993 who will
> > irritate by this.
> >
> > Maybe Andreas Oberritter could say anything about this...
>
> Weird, I see what you mean; the code doesn't do the clr_bit() if its a
> ves1993... although it _will_ have been having it done previously because of
> the old call to FE_RESET.

I don't know why it was needed. I found this difference during the
1893/1993 driver merge. Maybe clr_bit() was called too early or maybe a
following FE_RESET was the reason for losing lock.

So please ignore this little detail. It's no problem if the driver
breaks for the ves1993, because we have an own source tree for the dbox2
and linux 2.6 doesn't run on ppc 8xx anyway. I will fix eventually
upcoming issues when I'll do the next source tree update somewhere in
the future. ;)

Regards,
Andreas