[linux-dvb] no version info in formware

Hello
What am i doing wrong?? I have 2.6.x.x kernel with dvb compiled in and hotplug with firmware.agent e.t.c.but when i boot and check dmesg, it seems that firmware.agent cannot find the firmware as there are two messages one saying that no version info is avilable in firmware and the other saying that the firmware is unavailable.. I have placed it in the location specified and chmod 755, but it will not see it. Am i being really dumb??

Cheers