[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend experimental patch v1

On Monday 08 March 2004 20:39, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Saturday 06 March 2004 13:55, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Until now, I found that FE_SET_PARAMETERS is always called twice,
> > with fe->state==2 and fe->state==4. Is this intentional?
>
> Yeah, thats the frontend-core auto inversion. The stv0299 hardware doesn't
> support auto inversion by itself.

Anyway, it's not necessary to tune twice when switching transponders.

After _successful_ tuning, the current inversion setting can be saved.
The _saved_ value should be tried first. If tuning fails, the inversion
setting should be toggled.

This way, every frontend can implement auto inversion (in software).

Oliver