[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

@Johannes: behave.

> Why did he do that? Doesn't make any sense to me...?!

The required delays, the number of required message repetitions depend on the
actual setup. The old-fashioned API was not able to handle anything but
simple non-cascaded switches.

Please check the DiSEqC spec for details.

> Any chance we'll get that back - or do we have to live with the
> fact that Holger has "f*cked up" the DiSEqC handling?

?!?

Not without removing the ability to be DiSEqC 2.x compliant and to support
anything else beside the standard single-switch, unidirectional DiSEqC 1.0
setup.

Those changes have been introduced about 2 years ago, proper rotor support and
support for cascaded DiSEqC devices would never have been possible without.
Bidirectional DiSEqC support neither.

Can you please explain a little more in detail what exactly is your problem
and why it never showed up before?

Holger