[linux-dvb] CAM interfacing.

Hi,

With respect to CAM's, I don't know how much of a discussion has been made about
interfacing with different manufacturers modules but having been in the
position to speak to a number of manufacturers I thought I might just feed back
a point that many have them made.

Aparently interoperability is one of the biggest challenges of working with
CAM's. A French developer has had great challeges implementing decoding of
Conax despite having already integrated another CA system into their product.
Also an associate at Conax has said to me that they often exchange hardware
prototypes with developers just so they can ensure correct compatability.

So just be aware that not all CAM's talk the same way as we would like them to
do.

Bob