[linux-dvb] extracting and encoding from audio only ts stream

Hello:

I captured a ts stream from NNC Radio 3 via freeview and would like to
convert the audio to mp2 and then/ or directly to cdda for burning onto
a cd for a friend of mine to listen to in the states.

However, I have thus far been completely unsuccessful using Mencoder,
VLC, DVB, DVBTS2PS, ffmpeg  and various other mpegtools all of which
either give me an error that there is no video stream -  which is
required or that the file is corrupted.

Of course, there never was a video stream since this was a radio
broadcast ... I can also play the ts file in zine or mplayer without any
problems.

Does anyone have advice on how to go about encoding this?

I appreciate your help.

David Thompson