[linux-dvb] problem with dvb/ip

Hello linux-dvb,

Forwarded mail from one of customers:

Situation:
DVB Card: SkyStar-1
Driver version: 1.1.1 (CVS - same story) with option hw_section = 0
(software filtration)
And strange, about 8-12% packets lost.
When Satellite ISP switching off section packing - we didnt have any
packetloss, and also we didnt have packetloss if hw_sections=1

I have done more detailed analysis:
When hw_sections=0 and also i have disabled crc check, to allow
packets what was rejected by crc.

As you know, unix ping can send ASCII pattern, so i was sent big
packets. You can see, that packets at start and end is ok, but packets
in the middle (as i see block size 184 bytes) - totally random.

example: ping-s 1450 81.85.14.1 through the satellite - it is possible
to look

http://www.planet-sky.ru/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5372

it is visible that up to 0x5c bytes(the beginning of a package) - - and
after 0x5a8bytes (the end of a package) too a normal package
record in a format ethereal/tcpdump can be taken here
http://www.elist.ru/~ae/ping
Btw as we so, order of packets arrival is correct, because counter is
increasing.

And problem ,that using hw_sections=1 impossible, card suddently
stopping receving traffic.

--
Best regards,
 Denis                          mailto:nuclearcat@nuclearcat.com