[linux-dvb] Re: More V4 Demux API Q's

Hello Rob,

On 04/01/04 15:58, Rob.McConnell@Zarlink.Com wrote:
What is the current status for multiple section filters on a single fd?
Are you intending to support this, as there is a lot of h/w out there with
this requirement?

If we are to support it (which I strongly suggest we do), then we would
need the ability to ADD/DEL section filters to an fd (extra few ioctls).

Please let me know which direction we are going with this.
Nobody was particularly interested in this idea up to now. The idea of the DVB v4 API is to keep it simple, so create a new fd if you want another section filter. With multiple section filters per fd you need to demux the data in userspace again. IMHO it's not worth the hassle -- one or two more fds in userspace doesn't matter.

Thanks!
Rob : )
CU
Michael.