[linux-dvb] Idea: support for more fs types

Hi guys,

i have currently switched to an udev only system and it runs very nice, only the dvb-drivers need some
handworking. I would now recommend an abstract device handling for the different fs types
(proc, devfs and udev).

like:

dvb_registration.h:

extern void dvb_register_driver(void);
extern void dvb_register_card(...);
extern void dvb_unregister_card(...);
extern void dvb_unregister_driver(void);

and we write for every fs type easly routines and in the dvbcore.c we are using only the abstract
interface. This was also done by the dxr3-driver.

So if you accept my idea, i will wirte a patch to demonstrate this concept.

Greets,
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index