[linux-dvb] Using a Nova-T, kaxtv and kernel versions

Hi All,

Sorry for not being more helpful on the list, but I've been busy with
other things of late and haven't had a chance to do as much DVB work as
I'd like.

I'm currently running linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1 on a Mandrake 9.1 system but
have looking into upgrading both.

I'm running Mandrake 10.0 Community on another machine and I'm thinking
of moving my DVB card (a Nova T with the Grundig 29504-401 frontend)
onto it.

What would be the recommended DVB software to run in the kernel? What's
most stable right now?

I'm specifically asking because I just built KaxTV and it almost works
very well. However, in trying to scan to pick up channels I managed to
crash the entire machine! The original symptom was a failure of the DVB
tune with (I think) ``invalid parameter''. After a few attempts the
entire machine halted (caps lock and scroll lock flashing).

I'm afraid I've rather lost track of the current versions of the
software that's out there.

Many thanks for your help,

Jim.

p.s. Just spotted dvbsnoop. Looks to be a VERY interesting program!
--
Jim Darby <jim@jimbocorp.uklinux.net>
The Jimbo Corporation