[linux-dvb] Re: Trying to get a ``polished'' MPEG stream from DVB

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 10:40:48PM +1000, Denis Cheong wrote:
> What's wrong with PVA Strumento?
>
> http://www.offeryn.de/pvas_prerelease.htm
>
> Also works under Wine, provided that your source files are < 4GB.

With no disrespect to the author(s), it doesn't work well.  At least not
using the default settings (I realize there are a few tunables).

I also have terrible A/V sync problems in my VDR recordings that no apps
seem to be able to handle.  Funny thing is that I can view the same
stream in mplayer and it doesn't have a problem.  How is it that mplayer
seems to get it right but no other app can make an MPEG file?