[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2000-t crashs when changing channels

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 06:11:30PM +0200, Konrad Rieck wrote:
> I am using a Hauppauge DEC2000-t usb device under Linux. If I change
> channels a few times, the device crashes with the following error
> message:
>
>    May 17 17:55:04 zira kernel: usb 1-1: bulk timeout on ep4in
>    May 17 17:55:04 zira kernel: ttusb_dec_send_command: result bulk
>    message failed: error -110

What USB host driver is it using?  OHCI or UHCI?
Is it a fixed number of channels or a channel/sequence that always causes it?

> It cannot be revived by software, so that I have to unplug it and wait
> until it reboots.

I don't suppose you have a tv plugged into it so that you can see if it has
really died or is just timing out over the USB connection?
Can you rmmod the ttusb-dec module and modprobe it and the thing starts working
agains?

> I have reproduced the problem under several Linux 2.6 kernels including
> 2.6.6 and even dvb-linux from CVS 20040516. I am using firmware version
> 2.17 for the kernel module and firmware version 1.11d on the device.

Thanks for being thorough :)

Cheers,
Alex