[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge NOVA-T and unresolved symbols under gentoo

I have the same configuration and it is working well so the good news is
you should be able to get there.  Here are some tips.

You no longer need media-tv/linuxtv-dvb as this is now in the kernel.
Add "media-tv/linuxtv-dvb" to /etc/portage/package.mask (you may need to
create the directory and file).

I've included my .config but I use udev rather than devfs and as a
result my /lib/udev-state/devices.tar.bz2 has all the dvb stuff in it.
I think I used make MAKEDEV-DVB.sh and /etc/init.d/halt.sh script grabs
it all and sticks it in the tar file.  Perhaps the same happens for
devfs.

My /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 contains
grundig_29504-401

lsmod gives this
Module                  Size  Used by
ohci_hcd               16644  0
ehci_hcd               23812  0
uhci_hcd               28560  0
budget                  4864  0
budget_core             5764  1 budget
saa7146                15652  2 budget,budget_core
ttpci_eeprom            2560  1 budget_core
3c59x                  35368  0
via_agp                 6016  1
agpgart                28072  1 via_agp
usbcore                89564  5 ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd
grundig_29504_401       6404  1
dvb_core               54932  7 budget,budget_core,grundig_29504_401

Rgds

Scott White