[linux-dvb] Re: nexus-s+debian unstable+kernel 2.6.6

Barry,

For kernel 2.6.X, you need to install the "module-init-tools" Debian package. Regarding your firmware, you need to download it and put it in "/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw". Here is a init script I'm using for loading the drivers (I quit trying to find a way to do it using aliases):
------------
#!/bin/sh
# /etc/init.d/dvb: start/setup the DVB drivers

set -e

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin

loadDrivers () {
  echo -n "Starting the DVB drivers:"
  /sbin/modprobe dvb-ttpci
  /sbin/modprobe stv0299
  /sbin/modprobe ves1820
  echo "."
}

unloadDrivers() {
  echo -n "Stopping the DVB drivers:"
  /sbin/rmmod dvb-ttpci 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod stv0299 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod ves1820 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod saa7146 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod dvb_core 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod saa7146_vv 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod v4l1_compat 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod v4l2_common 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod videodev 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod firmware_class 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod budget_ci 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod budget_core 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod dvb_core 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod saa7146 2> /dev/null || true
  /sbin/rmmod ttpci_eeprom 2> /dev/null || true
  echo "."
}

case "$1" in
  start)
  loadDrivers
  ;;

  stop)
  unloadDrivers
  ;;

  restart)
  unloadDrivers
  sleep 1
  loadDrivers
  ;;

  *)
    echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/dvb [stop|start|restart]"
    exit 1
  ;;
esac

exit 0

After that, a "cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV dvb" will maybe help.

Good luck ;-)