[linux-dvb] Re: Confusing re femon

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 05:48, Rolf wrote:
> I'm pulling my hair trying to find Astra 28.2E. I've now tried to find
> it using femon. But the signal strength and snr values femon emits seem
> to be *random*. At least they don't deviate much from a certain set of
> values even if I cover the lnb with my hands or even unplug it!

Make sure you're not trying to tune to one of Astra 2D's transponders,
because they are very hard to receive in Germany.

http://www.astra.lu/satellites/beam/beamByXpr.php?pos=2&sat=ASTRA+2D&xpr=41,+42,+43,+44,+45,+46,+47,+48,+49,+50,+51,+52,+53,+54,+55,+56

Try 2A or 2B instead, see http://www.satcodx2.com/0282/

 Andreas