[linux-dvb] Re: Typhoon CI (budget-ci)

On Thursday 27 May 2004 21:09, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> got a CI for my Typhoon card today. So I modified the budget-ci driver to
> include the pciids for my card and loaded up. Now the CI interface is
> presumably detected, but upon further debugging I noticed that every
> budget_debiread returns 0xff. I've tried to fiddle around a bit with the
> gpio settings in there but not really got any other response from the
> reads.
>
> Any ideas or clues on how to proceed?

I believe that card is supposed to have a similar idea - a cheapy CI
interface, but that the implementation is different.

As to how to proceed, you'll have to investigate what the windows driver is
doing to communicate with the hardware on the CI interface, combined with
working out the CI interface circuitry.

The TT budget-ci is basically mostly done by the DEBI bus itself, but there is
a custom GAL on there for handling the CAM detect and a few other things.