[linux-dvb] Regaining lock

Hi. I have two DVB cards which behave a bit differently when they lose
lock. One will regain lock automatically (eg if you unplug the antenna
and then reconnect it); the other must be retuned by user-space software
before it will relock.

The Avermedia DVB-T card (dvb-bt8xx + sp887x) will regain lock by
itself. The DPANDA.com.au card (budget-ci + tda1004x) will not regain
lock until retuned.

Is this a hardware difference, or a driver difference?

The relock behaviour is more helpful. For reasons I don't understand, my
dpanda card lost lock a couple of times tonight while recording with
MythTV, and unfortunately then I get nothing until the next channel
change (or Myth restart).

OTOH if user space is meant to monitor and initiate a retune, I'll work
on a patch for Myth...

Thanks,
Hamish