[linux-dvb] IP connection over DVB-C with cable provider, experiences anybody?

Hello all,

have searched the archives and found some information on connecting a
machine to the internet via DVB-C and a satellite dish.

My local cable provider offers smth. they call cableDSL which seems to
be a variant of skyDSL which in turn is their brand name for Internet via
satellite.

Can anybody confirm that this actually works with Linux?
The provider claims, you absolutely need their proprietary software
which is only available for Windows. I was expecting it to work with Linux
as well. After all, you need to get the downstream from the MPEG stream
and send the upstream someplace else with the satellite version, too?!?

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Karl.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index