[linux-dvb] Re: Kworld/V-Stream/XPert DVB-T card

Hello

> you didn't send your mail to the ml...

I have this time :)  Thanks for pointing it out.

> > As a first step I plan to contact the manufacturer
> for
>
> Good luck!

Thanks, but you never know, they might be cooperative.

> > hardware details.  What information would we
> require
> > as we already know that it uses a cx23883 and a
> mt352?
>
> You need to know how the mt352 and the cx23883 work
> together on this card.
> You need to know how to use the cx23883 (are there
> any other supported
> dvb-cards with this chip?).

No there aren't that I know of, but the chip is used
in analogue cards (and I'm currently using those
analogue drivers to watch TV via the cards
composite-in and an external tuner).

> You need the I2C-Adresses of the mta352 and the
> tuner.
> You need to know how to set the frequency, how to
> choose the right
> frequency-band and maybe the bandwidth for the
> tuner.

So is the I2C bus used to control the tuner and
decoder?

> Sniffing on the i2c-bus of the mt352 may help to
> answer some questions.

How would I do that?

Thanks,

Soyeb