[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T End of Life (Was 3.3v DVB-T Cards)

On Sunday 06 Jun 2004 11:39, Scott White wrote:
> Rats, just recieved the following from Scan after waiting more than 2
> weeks for them to deliver my Hauppauge Nova-T cards
>
> I need some 3.3v cards to get my project off the ground.  Does anybody
> know what is going on with Hauppauge or can anyone recommend an
> alternative that will work in a 3.3v slot.
>
> Rgds
>
> Scott White
>

> Thankyou for your order from Scan. Unfortunately, the " Hauppauge Win/TV
> Nova-T PCI
> " is End Of Life .
>
> You can select one of the following options:
>
> 1.  Choose an alternative.  A refund/debit will be processed wherever
> necessary. We
> suggest LN3178 Hauppauge NOVA-T USB
>
> 2. Cancellation and refund of the item in question.

BTW: I'm not getting at you in this mail - just the people who responded to
you.

Why does happauge's website still advertise the PCI DVB-T if it is end of
lined? I suppose they might be a bit slow to update it, but its a total pain
if this is true. I've mailed them myself for confirmation.

I'd suggest mailing Technotrend directly to find out if the cards will work in
your servers - happaugue basically just rebadge them, so may not be aware of
their full capabilities.

As I said previously, the tda10045 based DVB-T cards definitely work in the
PCI slots in your picture. Additionally, the cards _have_ the two chunks
missing - why would TT specifically make the card physically compatable with
these slots, if it wasn't a universal card? That would be just asking for
lots of people complaining they broke their machine when they plug it in and
it fries it!

Attached file is the connector from the TDA10045 DVB-T card I have here -
clearly showing the dual chunks missing from it. NOTE: much OLDER hauppague
DVB-T/S cards were not universal, and did not have the two slots. Hence they
did not fit in some of the PCI slots in our serverrs.