[linux-dvb] SuSE 9.1 and CVS drivers

Hi,

I have also posted this question on VDRPortal.de (in Betriebssysteme/SuSE),
but as I did not get any answer there I want to give it another try on this
ML - maybe my problem is a very special one.

I downloaded the dvb-kernel CVS from yesterday and wanted to use the most
recent drivers on SuSE 9.1 rather than using the older ones delivered with
the distribution. I have a Nexus-s and a Nova-s.

First of all, for getting the compilation to work, I used the following
commands:

cd /usr/src/linux
make arch/i386/kernel/vmlinux.lds.s

like recommended on
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux/2004-May/1155.html. BTW: The used
kernel is the latest one delivered by SuSE YaST online update.

Then I go to my DVB/VDR directory, download the drivers and compile them:

cd /usr/local/src

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv login
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel

cd dvb-kernel
cd build-2.6
wget http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/dvb-ttpci-01.fw
make

There are no errors when compiling.

If I want to load the drivers with
./insmod.sh load
I get the following error messages and the TV screen stays black:

Inserting DVB modules into kernel
FATAL: Module crc32 not found.
insmod: error inserting './tda1004x.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
insmod: error inserting './dvb-ttpci.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
insmod: error inserting './ttusb_dec.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

How do I solve this problem?

I found similar error messages on
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2004/03-2004/msg00143.html,
and here Johannes Stezenbach wrote: " you must enable CONFIG_FW_LOADER in
your kernel config", but in .config, the value CONFIG_FW_LOADER is set to
"m".

Thanks in advance!

Jörg Knitter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index