[linux-dvb] DVB corruption after a month or so.

Hew... :)

Andrew, I though I was the only one having this problem :)

I experienced this problem a long long time ago (almost 2 years ago). I manage
a cluster of servers (S and T) and suddenly, they all had the problem you
described.

I was also thinking of heating problems, and I left the machines powered off
for a night. However, it seemed strange to me from the beginning that there
was a heating problem because those machines were situated in a server room
(from Tampere Univ. of Tech) having a huge and noisy cooling system.

I tried everything, reinstalling drivers, my application (they are running
with my server-application), everything possible and still the same.
Corrupted streams at the output. I started thinking of network problems,
hardware failures, etc.

In the end I had to reinstall the machines (completely, including Linux), and
only then it worked again. No need to tell you how confused I was after this
experience...

So, if you find out what is the problem please share it, I am curious to see
what gave me a week of headache. :)

Aurelian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index