[linux-dvb] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Howto upgrade a full-featured dvb-s card to 4 MByte SDRAM

Hi Oliver!

On Thursday 10 June 2004 22:36, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> for those who like to upgrade their full-featured DVB cards to 4 MByte
> SDRAM, I've uploaded some information, how this can be done.
>
> See http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/dvb-mem-mod/index.html
>
> With this modification, vdr has a full-screen, 256 color OSD.
>
> Special thanks go to Carsten Koch for donating a broken DVB-S card for
> this project, and to Klaus Schmidinger for modifying the firmware to
> support DVB cards with 4 MByte SDRAM.

I have not opened up my server to have a look at the memory chip yet, but it
would be great if you could list the hardware to buy and some pointers to who
has it available. Great discovery!!

Also, does the av7110x handle anything higher than 256? I vagely remember that
it did some 16bit mode?

Thanks to you both!

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index