[linux-dvb] Re: [vdr] Re: streamdev-0.3.1 , server responds but no video

Am Freitag, 18. Juni 2004 00:19 schrieb Luca Olivetti:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:

> >>Well my problem is reproducable, after some hours the problem is there
> >>again. It is not related to the firmware, because simply reloading
> >>dvb-ttpci does not help, removing all dvb modules and depending did help,
> >>it runs again :) Well i would say good enough if that are all problems,
> >>will try to find out which module is responsible
> >
> > BTW its the skystar2 Module.
>
> Well, actually I see this too (I only have a skystar2+streamdev-server
> and a streamdev-client+vdr-xine), but I don't think it was related to
> the streamdev server (the "too many connections" problem is).
> When it happens, the standalone scan program complains about "pid
> timeout". Unloading and reloading the sksytar2 and the mt312 modules
> cures the problem.

I have even tested

rmmod skystar2 && modprobe skystar2

and even that is enough. I have further read that someone on vdrportal has
written a small app that constantly accesses the second card from time to
time and it cured for him the video datastream broken problem. And if
streaming works a recording does not restart my vdr as usual. Normally if i
press pause or record vdr restarts every time. So there is clearly a
relation. Has really noone found out whats the problem here ? There were a
lot of threads here and on vdrportal that described the problem, do the
linux-dvb developers know about this ? If this would be fixed the useablity
of my vdr box would clearly be improved. What i can't say is if the problem
occurs too if the second card is a nova. Has someone did tests on this
allready ? Or are there solutions, patches/driver versions which don't have
that problem and i haven't seen them ?

Regards

Steffen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index