[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with SkyStar2, Kernel 2.6.6, EOF on/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0

Jörn Reder wrote:

> I just exchanged the not working Pinnacle card with a TechniSat SkyStar2
> card. Everything up to a first test with szap went fine, but I can't
> view any video. /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 always gives EOF.

Hmm, dunno from where I got this device path, because it's simply wrong.
;) After reading the docs again I know that I have to use this file
instead:

  /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

and that I need to add -r to szap. Now playing via stdin:// works fine
with xine. But "xine dvb://" still doesn't, probably a xine related
problem (probably the Debian build..., I'll try a self compiled version
next days)

Regards,

Joern

--