[linux-dvb] Re: More than 4 DVB cards - again

Hi

Irek Defee wrote:
I can only confirm that in version 2.4 there is no problem whatsoever,
I am running machines with 6 cards installed since I have that many PCI
slots available and all is fine and stable.
Yes, but the 2.6 kernel is there for a reason.

Another issue though is how much stream juice one can squeeze out of the cards at the same time...
I don't see why you can't squeeze 6*45Mbps = 270bps over the PCI bus
and the same amount when you send it to a network card. AFAIK, you
can transmit 1056Mbps at most over the standard PCI bus (32bit 33MHz).

--PMM

Home | Main Index | Thread Index