[linux-dvb] Re: Linuxdvb on small Linux

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 14:50, Irek Defée wrote:
> Has anybody tried to run linuxdvb drivers on a small Linux distribution?
> Running on a very small harddisk or compact flash card?
I am currently using the drivers in a home maden distribution booting
from a disk-on-chip (about 15MB). Everything is compiled from scratch.

[...]
> Mandrake Linux 9.2 is installed in the “truly-minimal” configuration
> mode, we
> managed to get it on a 210 MB harddisk partition, with system occupying
> 89 MB.
>
> The we tried to install drivers compiled on another machine with the
> same Linux.
> That looks OK but entries in /dev are not created and in the end nothing
> works but also
> there are no message errors. Anybody has hints what is done wrong?
I think you have to create the device files in /dev by yourself (see
MAKEDEV-DVB.sh, or something like that).

				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:

 Treccia di Bufala Campana comprala su Terrasolis.com Spedizione Gratis per spese superiori a  85 Euro

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid$93&d(-6cca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid#38&d(-6

Home | Main Index | Thread Index