[linux-dvb] Re: Progress on the KWorld/V-Stream DVB-T?

That's fantastic news. Will this mean that the KWorld/V-Stream cards
will work with the introduction of this driver? Is the front end the
only component that needs attention?

The cx88xx driver presently works for analogue cards using the CX2388x
chipset, but will any significant modification be required for DVB
cards using the chip to work?

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:28:46 +0200, Antonio Mancuso
<antonio.mancuso@digitaltelevision.it> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> An updated version of the mt352 driver supporting the Samsung TDTC9251DH01C
>  tuner will be released in a couple of days.
>

> On Tuesday 29 June 2004 05:10, Jonathan Thorpe wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > It's currently known that these cards use the Conexant CX23883 decoder
> > with a Samsung TDTC9251DH01C tuner (see
> > http://www.sem.samsung.com/en/products/productOverview.jsp?categoryID=2C9D9
> >8F2-A126-B447-E1B3872409AC4242&navi=overview) and interfaces with the MT352.
> >
> > Is anyone working on a front end for these cards? There currently
> > exists a MT352 front end written by Holger Waechtler and Daniel Mack
> > in the CVS
> > (http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/f
> >rontends/mt352.c?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain), which is being used on
> > the Avermedia cards with  the BT878 chips.
> >
> > What is necessary for this to be used on other cards such as the
> > KWorld/V-Stream which would also use this front end, but with the
> > CX23883 rather than the BT878?
> >
> > I by no means have the ability to work on the code, but if anyone has
> > the resources and ability to adapt the MT352 to the KWorld/V-Stream,
> > please let me know - I'd really like to assist in testing.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jonathan
>
> --
> --