[linux-dvb] Re: Packaging linux-dvb drivers

Aurelian Pop wrote:
On Wednesday 30 June 2004 16:25, Aurelian Pop wrote:

Hello,

First of all, let me apologize if I'm a little off-topic.

I would like to know with who should I talk about the details of including
the dvb-drivers into a rpm package having other commercial software too.

If (for any reason) I should not have this discussion on this list, I would
kindly ask the responsable person(s) of this project to write me an e-mail.

Thank you!
Aurelian

Hi again,

I've read my message an it sounds awful :))

What I meant is that I want to post a kind of freeware demo version of a commercial Linux application (kind of DVB to IP Gateway) on the web.

However, to ease with the configuration of the application for whoever might want to download and install the app, I thought that a nice thing would be if the drivers were included in the package and autoinstall too.

Since I don't want to have any copyright infringements problems, I wanted to ask permission for this (or check if this is possible) from the guys involved in this project (maybe developers??)
from the Copyright side it should be no problem -- the source is available, thus the GPL explicitly allows redistribution.

Maybe an interesting option for a project like this is to use a Knoppix or Morphix CD, we did so too. Contact me off-list if you need the relevant image creation scripts.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index