[linux-dvb] Re: KWorld DVB-t (bit off topic)

Hi Soyeb,

This project may be of great interest to you -
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/DVICO-Linux/

Although for the CX23881, I'd be very surprised if it were very
different to the 23883.

I by no means have the ability to write the code to get things running
with the KWorld, but it appears at this stage, all that needs to be
done (assuming that Chris Pascoe's code isn't too tied into the the
DVICO cards) is for the 23883 to interface with the Samsung tuner's
mt352.

Interestingly, the DVICO card uses a tuner (not the Samsung one) which
also uses the mt352 chip. Perhaps if you follow Christopher's
methodology in getting the DVICO card working, things will be easier
for you.

If you have anything you'd like me to test, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:46:17 +0100 (BST), Soyeb Aswat
<soyeb@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've patched the cx88 driver to add the KWorld DVB-t
> card to it.  Though the analogue inputs worked under
> the original as a generic/unknown card, this adds it
> as a specific device with a correct description of the
> inputs.
>
> I haven't done anything towards getting DVB out fo
> this card yet as I don't have any documentation for
> the cx23883 chip.  Does anyone know where I can get
> this documentation from?
>
> I've attached two files, one is the start-up script I
> use to initialise the card in analogue mode, the
> second contains the diffs.
>
> Regards,
>
> Soyeb
>
> =====