[linux-dvb] Re: VDR on Fedora Core 2 (kernel-2.6.6-1.435.2.1)

linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org <> wrote:
> What is the current status, if I were to switch my full-feature
> Hauppauge card over to a new Fedora Core 2 machine which uses
> kernel-2.6.6-1.435.2.1, what patches do I need to apply or should
> a current release work immediately?

There is (was?) a problem with the osd code in the dvb drivers that was
discussed a while ago. IIRC it caused the osd to look realy weird and casue
kernel oopses depending on what version of vdr you use.

Some changes by fedora caused the osd bug to show up, it didn't show up with
a plain kernel.

The cvs dvb drivers probably have the fix, so they might work better.
I don't know if the dvb drivers in newer fedora kernels have that fix or
not.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index