[linux-dvb] Re: help nova-t pci frontend not loading

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 15:18, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 July 2004 15:30, matthew streeter wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > after running rcdvb and modprobe budget-ci to initiate everything lsmod
> > shows the modules as present but when dmesg is run i get the following
> > output
>
> [snip]
>
> > tda1004x_fwupload: Unsupported firmware
> >                /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin
>
> [snip]
>
> > and there is no line along the lines of DVB: registering frontend....
> >
> > what am i doing wrong or need to do please.
>
> Maybe you have the wrong firmware version installed?

This is true current cards are supplied with version 2.17, this is not yet
supported in the drivers.

> From the source:
> -------------------
>     This driver needs a copy of the DLL "ttlcdacc.dll" from the Haupauge or
>     Technotrend windows driver.
>
>     Currently the DLL from v2.15a of the technotrend driver is supported.
>     Other versions can be added reasonably painlessly.
>
>     Windows driver URL: http://www.technotrend.de/
>
>     wget http://www.technotrend.de/new/215/TTweb_215a_budget_20_05_2003.zip
>     unzip -j TTweb_215a_budget_20_05_2003.zip
>     Software/Oem/PCI/App/ttlcdacc.dll
>
> Kenneth

Version 2.16 downloaded and the card is now running, now I just have to get
the remote working under suse9.1

matthew

Home | Main Index | Thread Index